Who is the New Guy?

November 15, 2012
By

Last night we had the first annual Winfield election kickoff party at John’s Restaurant and Tavern. We had about 20 people in attendance and when I left at 11:15 there were still people there having a good time. I hope that something like this would become a Winfield institution.

Probably the biggest surprise was Winfield has a new candidate for President. I guess I assumed it was going to be a contest between Birutis and Hughes. I was wrong. There looks to be a three way race brewing. The new guy is named Rob Hanlon. Does anyone have any intel on this guy? He seemed pretty nice last night. He said a lot of things I could get behind that sounded like he was interested in peace, teamwork, collegiality and improved morale.

His picture is below.

7 Responses to Who is the New Guy?

1. Ken Fuchs
    November 15, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I met Rob last night. He seems like a bright and reasonable guy. He has a vision for what needs to get done in Winfield and how to prioritize projects. He does not align with the 411 crowd nor the WU crowd. He would be perfect for Village President.

-Ken

2. Bryan Young
    November 15, 2012 at 1:45 PM

My assumption is if he’s not WU or 411 then he’s part of the “We Are” group. This could spell disaster for Jim’s chances at winning heads up against Deb. Though is he is part of or sponsored by the “We Are” group I think he will probably win and not by a small margin. I hope I am in town for the debates I am looking forward to questioning all of the candidates as much as humanly possible. Good luck to all invovled.

• Tim Allen
      November 15, 2012 at 3:04 PM

We Are? What’s that??

• Ken Fuchs
      November 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM

My feeling is the Rob and Jim are close to the same type of candidate. I also have a feeling that if Rob turns out to be a viable candidate to win and be effective in office, Jim might choose to bow out of the race.
      -Ken

3. lil red riding hood
    November 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Hey Tim……look in the mirror,,,its the People for ALL the people
    That is who WE ARE….

I found Rob to be on the same page as 80% of Winfield, we need growth of business and move this Town forward, because we appear to keep moving backwards.

lol

4. November 15, 2012 at 4:02 PM

“We the People”
    are the rightful master of both Congress
    and the courts, not to overthrow the
    Constitution but to overthrow the men who
    pervert the Constitution
    -Abraham Lincoln
    ——-

Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put in this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer. It´s so hard for government planners, no matter how sophisticated, to ever substitute for millions of individuals working night and day to make their dreams come true. The fact is, bureaucracies are a problem around the world. -Ronald Reagan
    ——-

Reagan also used to say there is no limit to what you can accomplish if you don’t care who gets the credit – and I can’t agree with him more. Of course in our Village that often means as an elected official you’ll end up in the Winfield (enquirer) Register, and you can bet many times the story is not based on facts.

Its also board Thursday – it has all the makings of a whooper of a meeting coming up tonight.

-James Hughes

5. Randy Voss
    November 15, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I met Rob last night too, he’s a nice Gentleman.

No offense to Rob…He’s on the Enviromental Cmte though and then red flags went off in my mind. I think he said he was just appointed recently.

I dont think Ive ever heard of one issue or comment from any board member when asked if there is anything from the “E-Cmte”.

My imagination suggests they sit around like a disaster preparedness group only do ,much less preparing or they read books and study bugs.

When I spoke to Rob, I asked him if they were looking at the environmental issues of Spandeland Park in conjunction to the river walk. He was unaware of any environmental concerns but thought it was interesting.

So, what do they do exactly? And I think its a creation of WinU as it is not a necessary Cmte.

Comments?
    randalv@ameritech.net

User Login